Monday, January 12, 2009

Information About This Blog Page

Dear Friends and Family,

I have created this blog page to give you a real time update on our fundraising progress for the Nunez Family. For your confirmation I will include every day or so a list of everyone from whom we have received donations, and a running total. The response has been overwhelming, but we still need help. Below is the original message I sent out, with an amended option for paying by paypal. Posting Number 2 will include donors and running totals. To protect privacy I have ommitted the individual amounts donated. It's a team effort anyways. Thank you all for your love and support.

Dear Friends and Family,

Recently I had the good fortune of traveling to Argentina and staying with Baba Lovers there, the Nunez family. They were gracious enough to host me over the course of nearly three weeks, and together we all had a fabulous time. The children are Joia (18), Javier (17), Camila (15), and Martin, Joia's boyfriend (21). For those of you in the Baba community, you may know of their father, "Quique" Nunez. Quique was the first Argentinian Baba Lover and is more or less responsible for bringing Baba to that corner of the world. All Baba Lovers in South America directly or indirectly have Quique to thank. Unfortunately, Quique died about two years ago, leaving his three children in Argentina, and his two older sons from his first marriage in the US. The three children live with their mother, Paula Martin, in Buenos Aires. Words cannot convey how touched and loved I felt by their graciousness with me, and by their warmth and love as a family. They were all willing to practice English with me to compensate for my horrible Spanish. They opened their home and their hearts, and I feel more than moved to offer something in return.

So, here is how Baba's inspiration moved me . . . Every year the family receives material about the Youth Sahavas. And every year, they cannot come. Due to the recent rollercoaster nature of the Argentinian economy, the ever fluctuating value of the peso, and the fact that all major expenses - home and car prices, airline tickets, etc - are priced in US dollars, it has been impossible for them to come. More than anything, I want to help these kids come to the Youth Sahavas this July, 2009. Unfortunately, I can't do it alone. So, with the help of my brother Anthony, I have opened up a charitable gift account in their name, and now I am writing to you my friends, family and community, to ask if you will join me in giving this family a gift that would mean the world to all of them. Both their father and mother when they were together spent a good deal of time in Myrtle Beach years ago, and it would be immensely meaningful for them to visit the Center and experience the Youth Sahavas now while they are all of age. The goal is now only $4,500 with current cost of airline tickets. Currently we have raised approximately $4,o00, so we're nearly there. Whether you can give $100 or $5, everything counts.

Given that I'm currently traveling, my brother Anthony has lovingly offered to be the recipient and depositor until all the money is raised.

So, all you have to do is:

Make checks or money orders payable to: Nunez Family Fund

and send them to: Anthony Ramsden c/o Nunez Family Fund, 3901 E. Mayfield St. Apt # 6, Long Beach, CA 90804

Or, if you would like to pay online through PayPal, Erich Morton has lovingly offered the use of his account. He will be collecting donations online and then forwarding the total to Anthony and me. Contact him at erich.morton@gmail.com for more details.

To all you Sahavasees, current and present, help welcome more people into the Youth Sahavas family. To all you parents who have had children that attended the Sahavas, I don't need to tell you of the impact this event has directly had on their lives. And to all people who would simply like to help, your donation is more than appreciated. As soon as our goal is reached, I will let you know. The more people who know the better, so please forward this webpage address on to anyone and everyone in your address book. Parents please forward to your children, and kids please forward to your parents.

Many thanks.

Jai Baba!

No comments:

Post a Comment